* These FAQs are partially taken from the flourishmentor.com website by Passion City Church.
What is FLOURISH?
FLOURISH is a one-year discipleship journey that combines staying rooted in God’s Word with learning from a woman who is in a different stage in her walk with Jesus. Throughout the FLOURISH journey you will:
- Build a relationship with your mentor or mentee.
- Explore what Scripture says about your identity, calling, gratitude, and other relevant topics.
- Learn to wholeheartedly love and follow Jesus.
- Challenge how your individual story fits into God’s larger redemption story.
Who can participate in FLOURISH?
If you are interested in growing your faith, then you can participate in FLOURISH. You do not need to be at a certain point in your faith journey to participate. That being said, there are certain requirements to participate . . .
What are the requirements to participate in FLOURISH?
- Participants must be a FW member. If you are not a member but still want to participate, please contact Elizabeth Oates to discuss (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Participants should commit to a full year, as FLOURISH is a one-year curriculum
How often do mentors/mentees meet?
We recommend they meet once a month for the first month, and then taper down to meeting every other week, however we recognize that every mentor/mentee is different. Some pairs like to meet every week for the duration of their time together, and some can only meet every three weeks. We believe it is difficult to create momentum when meeting only once a month, so we strongly recommend meeting a minimum of twice a month.
How many women can I mentor?
FLOURISH now offers two options:
1) We previously only offered mentoring in a one-on-one setting (one mentor to one mentee). This option is still available.
2) We now offer FLOURISH Groups! FLOURISH Groups will look several different ways. They can be comprised of one mentor with 2-4 mentees, or 2 mentors with 3-6 mentees all meeting in a small group setting.
Whether you are interested in doing FLOURISH in a 1-on-1 setting or doing a FLOURISH GROUP, you will indicate this on your application.
What curriculum do you use?
FLOURISH uses the FLOURISH curriculum which was created by Passion City Church and is based on numerous Scripture passages, including Titus 2:1, 3-5, 1 Peter 5:1-5, and Matthew 28:19-20. FLOURISH is a 1-year curriculum broken into six sessions. Each session anchors women around six practical life topics, engaging them in both the Word and in each other’s lives. These topics are relevant to women of every age and stage of life.
However, sometimes mentors and mentees realize they need something different. If they try the FLOURISH curriculum and realize it is not meeting their needs, we give them freedom to pursue something else that is Scripture-based.
Do I get to pick my mentor/mentee?
When you sign up to be a part of FLOURISH, we will ask you to fill out a mentor/mentee application. You may request a certain mentor/mentee on the application. If you do not have someone in mind, no worries! We are intentional and prayerful with the matching process and consider many factors to provide each mentee with the most suitable mentor.
Is there a cost to participate in FLOURISH?
We charge a one-time fee of $40, which includes the cost of the curriculum, the mentor training, the FLOURISH match party, and more! We also offer a discounted rate of $20 for college students. If you cannot afford the cost to participate, scholarships are available. Please contact Elizabeth Oates (email@example.com) for more information on receiving or providing a scholarship.
Do you have any resources to guide the mentoring relationship?
Yes! We offer a mentor and mentee training. But, if you want to get a head start, videos, downloadable guides, and more are available at www.flourishmentor.com.
What is the FLOURISH Match Party?
This is a fun night when we gather our new FLOURISH women and reveal their mentor/mentee. It’s an inspiring night of teaching and celebrating as their FLOURISH journey begins.
I am interested in FLOURISH but can’t commit right now. What should I do?
We will be opening FLOURISH applications again in Fall 2023. If this is not the right season for you, feel free to check back next year.