* These FAQs are partially taken from the flourishmentor.com website by Passion City Church.
What is FLOURISH?
FLOURISH is a 1-year discipleship journey that combines staying rooted in God’s Word with learning from a woman who is in a different stage in her walk with Jesus. Throughout the FLOURISH journey you will:
- Build a relationship with your mentor or mentee.
- Explore what Scripture says about your identity, calling, gratitude, and other relevant topics.
- Learn to wholeheartedly love and follow Jesus.
- Challenge how your individual story fits into God’s larger redemption story.
Who can participate in FLOURISH?
If you are interested in growing your faith, then you can participate in FLOURISH. You do not need to be at a certain point in your faith journey to participate. That being said, there are certain requirements to participate . . .
What are the requirements to participate in FLOURISH?
- Participants must be a FW member. If you are not a member but still want to participate, please contact Elizabeth Oates to discuss (email@example.com)
- Participants should commit to a full year, as FLOURISH is a 1-year curriculum.
- Mentors will take on no more than one mentee at a time.
- Mentors/mentees should commit to meeting at least twice a month in order to experience the full benefits of FLOURISH.
- Mentors/mentees should follow the FLOURISH curriculum, which enables them to spend time in God’s Word and prayer five days a week.
What curriculum do you use?
FLOURISH uses the its own curriculum which was created by Passion City Church and is based on numerous Scripture passages, including Titus 2:1, 3-5 and 1 Peter 5:1-5. FLOURISH is a 1-year curriculum broken into six sessions. Each session anchors women around six practical life topics, engaging them in both the Word and in each other’s lives. These topics are relevant to women of every age and stage of life.
Do I get to pick my mentor/mentee?
When you sign up to be a part of FLOURISH, we will ask you to fill out a mentor/mentee application. You may request a certain mentor/mentee on the application. If you do not have someone in mind, no worries! We are intentional and prayerful with the matching process and consider many factors to provide each mentee with the most suitable mentor.
Is there a cost to participate in FLOURISH?
We charge a one-time fee of $40, which includes the cost of the curriculum, the mentor training, the FLOURISH kickoff, and more! If you cannot afford this fee, scholarships are available. Please contact Elizabeth Oates (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on receiving or providing a scholarship. We never want finances to prevent a woman from participating in FLOURISH.
Do you have any resources to guide the mentoring relationship?
Yes! We offer a mentor and mentee training. But, if you want to get a head start, videos, downloadable guides, and more are available at www.flourishmentor.com.
What is the FLOURISH Matching Event?
This is a fun night when we gather our new FLOURISH women and reveal their mentor/mentee. It’s an inspiring night of worship, teaching, and celebrating as their FLOURISH journey begins.
When is the next FLOURISH Matching Event?
The next FLOURISH Matching Event will be in the Fall of 2022. Stay tuned for more details.
I am interested in FLOURISH but can’t commit right now. What should I do?
We are planning to open up FLOURISH again in the Fall 2022. If you are interested in participating, please fill out this interest form, and we will be in touch.