The Recreation Ministry at First Woodway provides recreation facilities and activities all year long that give all people the opportunity to strive for healthy and active living. It is the Recreation Staff’s desire that all people feel safe and welcome while they connect with their neighbors in our facilities.
The MAC will be closed Wednesday, November 22 – Sunday, November 26
The MAC provides a gymnasium, indoor walking track, and workout facilities for Woodway Christian School and the Woodway community. This facility is open to the community free of charge.
The MAC walking track and workout room are open during the times listed below. The gym floor is open for free play, subject to church and school use. During the school year the gym floor is closed until 5:30 pm.
Monday-Friday: 6:00 am – 9:00 pm
Saturday, 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
Sunday, 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Open Gym “School Year” Hours:
Sunday, 1:00 pm–6:00 pm (Family Time!)
Monday, 6:00 – 8:00 am; 5:30 – 9:00 pm
Tuesday, 6:00 – 8:00 am; 5:30 – 7:00 pm (Volleyball); 7:00 – 9:00 pm (Basketball)
Wednesday, Gym closed for Wednesday Night Live
Thursday, 6:00 am – 8:00 am; , 5:30 – 9:00 pm (Open Gym)
Friday, 6:00 am – 8:00 am (Men’s Pray and Play), 5:30 – 9:00 pm
Saturday, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm (Family Time!), 12:00 – 8:00 pm (Open Gym)
*Family Time! is when the gym floor is reserved for only families.
MAC Participation Form
We love that you have a desire in joining us at our facility. We hope and pray that your experience here is a good one! Now before you begin, here are some guidelines, policies and legal waiver, important to keeping our facility God-honoring, safe and welcoming for everyone. Please click here to access the form.
Connect with us on Instagram
Want to know what is going on at the MAC? Be sure to follow our Instagram page at fbcwoodwayrecreation
What’s Happening Now
Thanksgiving Holiday – The MAC will be closed Wednesday, November 22 – Sunday, November 26.
Recreation Ministry Mission Trip to East Asia | May 14-26, 2018 | Cost: $2,650 | Sign up by: March 20, 2018
This adventure to the Far East will be different than any other! We will be doing sports ministry and outreaches across the city. This leads to many opportunities for Gospel conversations and connections for our long-term partners to build upon. As always, we will be spending time with our favorite family. Contact Case Smith at email@example.com or Mark Tate at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or to claim your spot! Or fill out the interest form below and we will contact you.
Basketballs, volleyballs, and other equipment is available to be checked out at the Service Desk. Just ask for help and we will get you what you need!
- Basketball: a full court gym, equipped with six basketball goals – four side goals can be lowered for younger players
- Volleyball: a full volleyball court, or can be set as two half-courts
- Locker Rooms: men’s and women’s locker rooms are available with showers and changing areas
The workout room, on the second floor of the MAC, is open to anyone age 18 years or older. Because of heavy weights, and machinery with moving parts, it is unsafe for any children to be in the room. When you arrive, check-in at the Service Desk to receive the passcode.
- Precor cardio equipment: 3 recumbent bikes, 3 treadmills, 4 ellipticals (two with arm extensions, two without)
- Cybex strength stations: chest press, overhead press, lat pull, seated leg curl, leg extension, leg press
- Free Weights: 3 racks of dumbbells and weighted bars
- Other: pull-up/leg raise, incline benches, yoga mats, and more
The second floor provides an indoor walking track, open to the gym floor below.
The game room on the second floor features a pool table, ping pong, foosball, television and video games, plus a small kitchen area with a sink, refrigerator, ice machine and vending machines.
Outdoor Fields & Playground
- Just outside the MAC doors is a large playground area with picnic tables, monkey bars, swing sets, see-saws, a fort with slides, and more.
- Across the parking lot are several play fields for baseball, soccer, and flag football.
- The Party Room is an all-purpose room located on the first floor next to the gym. It includes a small kitchen area with an ice machine, refrigerator, sink, oven and stove.
- The MAC Parlor is a formal room located off the front foyer of the MAC. It features large floor-to-ceiling windows and is lightly furnished.
- A-200, located on the second floor is the largest space available. The room has a stage area and is fully equipped with audio, video, and lighting.
- The MAC also has six smaller, classroom-sized meeting rooms.
Community members are welcome to use the MAC. The facility is heavily used for school and church activities on a weekly basis. Rental availability is scheduled around church/school usage. To learn more about fees and available times, please contact Tracy Wallace in the church office.
Time: Every Saturday, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm; Every Sunday, 1:00 – 6:00 pm
Location: MAC Gym
Men’s Pray & Play
Time: Every Friday, Starting at 6:15 am
Location: MAC Gym
Time: Every Tuesday, 5:30 – 7:00 pm
Location: MAC Gym
Time: Tuesday and Thursday, 9:45 – 10:45 am
Time: First and third Saturday of the month, 7:30 am
Location: Meet in front of the MAC