What’s Happening Now
A note to our families regarding Covid-19:
The Helping Hands Ministry is eager to get back to church to serve our families face to face. We miss each and every one of you!
After much discussion and carefully weighing the safety needs and standards that would protect our students and their families, we are choosing to postpone the opening of our Helping Hands’ classrooms until a later date. Our plan is to revisit this decision often throughout the coming months as we monitor our environment and the trajectory of Covid-19. Please join us in praying for all of our students and families as we all look forward to a more healthy climate in the days ahead!
Helping Hands Ministry
*Ministry schedules will be announced as we make decisions and monitor our environment and the trajectory of Covid-19.*
Helping Hands provides ministry for persons with disabilities (babies through adulthood) and their families. It is our desire that people affected by disabilities and their families come to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Just as God showed His great love and compassion, we want to follow our Lord’s example in reaching out to people who have disabilities.
About Special Needs:
* Our building meets the Americans with Disabilities (ADA) Act which requires handicapped parking, ramps, doorways, and restrooms.
* Our children’s playground is ADA approved.
* If needed, designated parking is available near the entrance to the building, marked as “moms with babies.”
It’s Our Goal
* to provide instruction and social interaction to communicate God’s love and grace to individuals with special needs
* to provide support systems and curricula for special needs children, birth to 18 years, and adults
* to provide support and encouragement for families and adults, allowing them to find and participate in Bible study classes
* to provide training for volunteers to assist in all facets of the program
* to develop a support system for parents of special needs children
Sunday Morning & Evening Ministries
First Woodway has a dedicated Special Needs Suite, designed for our preschool through teen classes. Special needs classrooms are available on Sunday mornings for children during the worship services. Activities include music, story, play time, and snacks. Check-in is at the Special Needs Suite, room 126. A special needs Bible study class for adults meets Sunday mornings in Room A121. Inclusion (with a buddy) is available by arrangement. Evening care is by arrangement. This includes care in the suite or inclusion.
Friday Night Respite Care
The Friday Night Respite Care program is scheduled in conjunction with the Kingdom Kid’s Friday Night Childcare. It is provided at no cost to eligible members of First Woodway who have children with special needs and their siblings (through sixth grade). Eligible members include those who attend a Life Group and/or serve on Sunday mornings. Friday Night Respite Care is staffed by experienced workers and the evening includes indoor/outdoor fun, games, movies, and snacks. Reservations should be made online.
The Parent Support activities meet at various times throughout the year for instruction, encouragement, and fellowship.
Helping Hands Brochure
Click here for the Helping Hands Brochure.
For More Information, Please Contact
Kelsey Fritscher Brown, CCC-SLP
Helping Hands Co-Director