What’s Happening Now
Check back soon for our next upcoming event!
Helping Hands Ministry
Helping Hands provides ministry for persons with disabilities (babies through adulthood) and their families. It is our desire that people affected by disabilities and their families come to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Just as God showed His great love and compassion, we want to follow our Lord’s example in reaching out to people who have disabilities.
About Special Needs:
* Our building meets the Americans with Disabilities (ADA) Act which requires handicapped parking, ramps, doorways, and restrooms.
* Our children’s playground is ADA approved.
* If needed, designated parking is available near the entrance to the building, marked as “moms with babies.”
It’s Our Goal
* to provide instruction and social interaction to communicate God’s love and grace to individuals with special needs
* to provide support systems and curricula for special needs children, birth to 18 years, and adults
* to provide support and encouragement for families and adults, allowing them to find and participate in Bible study classes
* to provide training for volunteers to assist in all facets of the program
* to develop a support system for parents of special needs children
Sunday Morning & Evening Ministries
First Woodway has a dedicated Special Needs Suite, designed for our preschool through teen classes. Special needs classrooms are available on Sunday mornings for children at 9:00 am and 10:30 am services. Activities include music, story, play time, and snacks. Check-in is at the Special Needs Suite, room 126. A special needs Bible study class for adults meets Sunday mornings at 9:00 am in Room A121. Inclusion (with a buddy) is available by arrangement at the 9:00 am and 10:30 am Bible study hours. Evening care is by arrangement. This includes care in the suite or inclusion.
Friday Night Kid Care
The Friday night respite care program, scheduled in conjunction with church-wide Friday Night Childcare (excluding college night childcare) is provided free to children with special needs and their siblings, through sixth grade. Experienced childcare workers staff the program. The evening includes indoor and outdoor fun, game and craft time, movies and snacks. Reservations should be made through your adult Bible study class or the church office. This care is open to all who regularly attend First Baptist Woodway worship and/or Bible study, and whose special needs child is enrolled in our Sunday morning special needs ministry.
The Parent Support activities meet at various times throughout the year for instruction, encouragement, and fellowship.
Helping Hands Brochure
Click here for the Helping Hands Brochure.
For More Information, Please Contact
Kelsey Fritscher Brown, CCC-SLP
Helping Hands Co-Director