What’s Happening Now
Fight Club Groups
Fight Club info meeting, but would still like to be a part of our Fight Club initiative, email Ronny at email@example.com. We are forming groups now so don’t miss out on getting involved from the start!
As men created in God’s image, we have the potential to live godly lives of influence for generations to come. Yet, all of us struggle with pressures and temptations from without and within that can knock us off course and keep us from being the men we were created to be. We believe every man can attain greatness and be known by the six words that God used to define King David’s life — a man after God’s own heart. But we also know it won’t be easy and, in the end, will require a fight.
The idea of Fight Club is taken from Passion City Church where they created a ministry to men through accountability groups of 3-5 men each. The goal of these groups is to learn how to fight for the right things…fighting is woven into the DNA of men! We start as little boys fighting with our brothers or wrestling with our dads and then it continues on into adulthood when we fight to close a sale or fight to have our ideas heard in a meeting. We want to be able to say with the apostle Paul, I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 2 Timothy 4:7. We want to be men who contend for what matters most and we cannot do this alone. In order to become the men that God designed us to be we need to band together on a consistent basis to encourage one another on as we fight in four arenas:
- We want to fight for our walk with God.
- We want to fight for our heart and character.
- We want to fight for our family (and future family).
- We want to fight for our brother.
So what is a Fight Club?
In simple terms, it is an accountability group where friendship and encouragement is met with regular accountability that helps us stay focused on our goals and avoid the pitfalls that can easily sink our hopes. This is not another Bible study or discipleship group, but it is intended to be a gathering of men in the same season of life who are willing to fight for each other to become men after God’s own heart.
What does a Fight Club do when we meet?
Your Fight Club should feel natural, like a bunch of guys catching up on life. But, at some point, a Fight Club has to become more than a hang out where we shoot the breeze. Men tend to drift toward isolation and insulation, and it’s in those places that we are most susceptible to defeat. A Fight Club encourages men to be honest and vulnerable about the battles they are facing and the real state of their lives. Guiding the conversation are the key accountability questions that are asked of every man.
- How have you intentionally pursued your relationship with God since we last met?
- In what ways have you made a priority to love and lead your family well since we last met?
- Have you looked at anything or been involved with anyone in a way that would compromise your purity since we last met? If so, explain.
- How have you been honorable and lived with a sense of mission, leveraging you life for others since we last met?
- Have you been completely honest about the above questions?
Once our Clubs get going and we start building some foundation to this ministry to men in our church and in our community, we will set up Fight Nights! This will be a gathering of all of our Clubs for an opportunity to see how God is at work among us and to be motivated and re-energized as we contend for what matters most. We will do this a few times a year and invite a speaker to come in to share encouragement from one of the four arenas that we are battling in as we enjoy a meal together and build on these friendships.
REGISTER YOUR FIGHT CLUB
If you are looking to start a Fight Club, here’s how:
1. Choose your guys.
2. Determine your place + pace.
3. Show up + commit to being honest and vulnerable.
4. Ask and talk through the 4 Arenas.
5. Register your Fight Club here.