Go South to the Road – Local
The idea “Go South to the Road” comes from the passage Acts 8:26-40. “Now an angel of the Lord said to Philip, ‘Go south to the road-the desert road-that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza.” Philip was compelled to go south to the road and there he met an Ethiopian Eunuch reading from the book of Isaiah. Philip was able to explain to the man what the Scripture meant as well as about the good news about Jesus. Later that day Philip baptized him. God has also called us to go south… and listen to the Spirit’s call and direction. He leads us to different places, people, neighborhoods, homes, and settings to share Christ. At First Woodway, we are ready to go wherever God sends us. Whether it be all of the sudden or a well planned effort, we will join together to Go South to the Road.
Open to God, open to people, open to the world.
1. Open to God – we are open to be led by His Spirit.
- Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me. 2 Corinthians 2:12
- But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8
2. Open to people – we are open and want to be extended and ready to speak life into individuals.
- We have spoken freely to you, Corinthians, and opened wide our hearts to you. 2 Corinthians 6:11
- Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. John 15:13
3. Open to the world – we are open and available to go and share the gospel in Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and to the ends of the earth.
- On arriving there, they gathered the church together and reported all that God had done through them and how he had opened a door of faith to the Gentiles. Acts 14:27
- Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20
What’s Happening Now
Go South to the Road – Christmas Care-oling | December 12
It’s the most wonderful time of year! Join us as we go Christmas caroling to those who live within a 3 mile distance from the church. We will also be praying, handing out hot chocolate, and giving away care packages. Meet at 6:00 pm in front of the MAC. Click here to sign up.
Go South to the Road – Caritas of Waco | Every 2nd and 4th Thursday | 9:00 – 11:00 am
We minister in the welcome areas at Caritas every 2nd and 4th Thursday from 9:00-11:00 am. We are needing volunteers from First Woodway to help us. We will engage in conversations and pray with those who come to Caritas seeking help. We hope that these conversations and opportunities to pray with others will lead to sharing the gospel with many. The harvest is ripe to feed and share the gospel. Contact René for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go South to the Road – Neighboring Lights
Neighboring Lights is a wonderful way to connect and minister to your neighbors. It is doesn’t have to be a big effort, just a connection. I hope you will consider how God may want to use you to go…go across the street or next door to be the church, to be a light. Take a look at the ways you can live intentionally in your neighborhood by clicking here.
Serving U Spring Break Mission Trip | March 8 – 11 | Cost: TBA | Sign up by: TBA
Serving U is a wonderful opportunity to serve, care, and live out the incarnational life of Christ Jesus right here in Waco. Scripture tells us that we will be witnesses in Jerusalem, our Jerusalem is here, Waco. The mission at home in our community is great and we will have a wonderful opportunity to bring change, life, hope, and God’s love through our service and good works.
Connect with us on Facebook