Go South to the Road – Local
The idea “Go South to the Road” comes from the passage Acts 8:26-40. “Now an angel of the Lord said to Philip, ‘Go south to the road-the desert road-that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza.” Philip was compelled to go south to the road and there he met an Ethiopian Eunuch reading from the book of Isaiah. Philip was able to explain to the man what the Scripture meant as well as about the good news about Jesus. Later that day Philip baptized him. God has also called us to go south… and listen to the Spirit’s call and direction. He leads us to different places, people, neighborhoods, homes, and settings to share Christ. At First Woodway, we are ready to go wherever God sends us. Whether it be all of the sudden or a well planned effort, we will join together to Go South to the Road.
Open to God, open to people, open to the world.
1. Open to God – we are open to be led by His Spirit.
- Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me. 2 Corinthians 2:12
- But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8
2. Open to people – we are open and want to be extended and ready to speak life into individuals.
- We have spoken freely to you, Corinthians, and opened wide our hearts to you. 2 Corinthians 6:11
- Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. John 15:13
3. Open to the world – we are open and available to go and share the gospel in Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and to the ends of the earth.
- On arriving there, they gathered the church together and reported all that God had done through them and how he had opened a door of faith to the Gentiles. Acts 14:27
- Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20
What’s Happening Now
Narrow Road Hiking Club | Saturday 25 at 8:00 am
Come and join this new club! Narrow Road Hiking Club will have its first organizational meeting and hike Saturday, January 25 at 8:00 am. We will meet at Lacy Point Access at Lake Waco. You will need a good pair of hiking boots or shoes, water, and a walking stick if you choose. We will meet briefly about some basics and then take an easy two mile hike. Feel free to contact René Maciel for more information, email@example.com.
Directions to Lacey Point Access: From Waco go over the twin bridges on Hwy 6 to Speegleville road then exit then go right on Speegleville Road and go 1 mile to the four way stop sign and take a right. Go 1/4 mile and turn left into Lacey point access . Follow road around to Lacey Point.
Apartment Ministry Interest Meeting
Feb 2 | 11:30 am | MAC Parlor
This meeting will include a boxed dinner and information about serving and caring for Madeira Apartments, Meadow Park Townhomes, and Cimarron/Hunnington Apartments.
Mission Trip Interest Meeting
Feb 9 | 11:45 am | Third Floor
This meeting will include information about all of our local, stateside and International mission trips. If you are considering joining a trip, come and hear where all God is leading First Woodway to serve this year. Click here to let us know you are coming.
Serving U – Spring Break Mission Trip
This is a local spring break mission trip. Each day we will meet at the church for prayer and then head out to serve. There will be many opportunities to minister, pray, and reach out to our community. The cost will be $25 for a college student, $50 for an individual, and $100 for a family. Sign up starts soon! Contact René at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Caritas of Waco | Every 2nd and 4th Thursday | 9:00 – 11:00 am
We minister in the welcome areas at Caritas every 2nd and 4th Thursday from 9:00-11:00 am. We are needing volunteers from First Woodway to help us. We will engage in conversations and pray with those who come to Caritas seeking help. We hope that these conversations and opportunities to pray with others will lead to sharing the gospel with many. The harvest is ripe to feed and share the gospel. Contact René for more details at email@example.com.
Connect with us on Facebook