Pray for our Missions Efforts, In Our Community + Around the World
Each month, the Prayer Team, working with our Missions pastors, will be publishing a prayer card that will be available in the foyer of the worship center. Please don’t miss out on this wonderful opportunity to mature in your prayer life and intercede for our missionaries in the field.
Pray for the First Woodway Family
Use these verses this month to lift up our church body and staff. The Lord hears our prayer and will honor our zealousness and obedience to intercede on behalf of others.
Our Church Body
“Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you so you also must do. But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.” – Colossians 3:12-14
Our Church Staff
“And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God,” Romans 12:2.
Our Church Ministries
View the First Woodway Ministry Teams
Monthly Prayer Focus for March – Missions
Acts 1:8 says, “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” This is a familiar verse but how often do we truly rely on the Spirit within us as we seek to share with others the love and redemption of Jesus Christ? The Holy Spirit in us is another Helper, a Counselor, an Advocate. He will give us the strength we need, the words to say, and the love to show as we reach out to others in the name of Jesus.
There are several mission trips spreading the love of Jesus in the month of March, both internationally and locally. Pray that they would be filled with the Holy Spirit to overflowing, allowing God to strengthen them when they feel weak and ill-equipped, give them the right words to say when their mind goes blank, and give them a love that is supernatural!
And we don’t have to be on a mission trip to be on mission! There are opportunities and needs all around us. We can be harvest workers in our own backyard! Ask the Holy Spirit to make you aware of ways to share the love Jesus with others and then ask Him to give you the power to do it! He will never leave you nor forsake you!
Harvest Worker Prayer Goals for 2017
This entire year of 2017, we are asking the congregation at First Woodway to pray for more local and international missionaries to be sent out into a ripe field. Below are the goals that we will be praying for throughout the year. Be looking for the new prayer webpage that will have a prayer calendar leading us toward these goals!
Goals for International Missions:
· Short-term missions (up to two weeks) – 100 missionaries
· Mid-term missions (two months to two years) – 6 missionaries
· Long-term (two years and on) – 1 missionary or family
Goal for Local Missions:
· For a person or family to participate in one more local missionary/outreach opportunity than last year.
· There are 3651 IMB missionaries serving around the world.
· There 5684 NAMB (North American Mission Board) missionaries serving in the US.
· It is estimated that there are 51,000 missionaries worldwide.
Harvest Workers Prayer Calendars
January February March
We hosted the first Prayer Gathering October 20, 2016. The sanctuary was open all day for focused prayer on the family. Be on the lookout for our next gathering! If you would like to be notified of prayer team opportunities, join our email list.
Pearls of Prayer
What is Prayer?
- Prayer is spiritual communication with God. It is a two-way relationship in which we talk to and listen to our Heavenly Father.
- Prayer is courageously and unreservedly opening your heart, mind, and soul to our Lord and Savior.
- Prayer is a time to give praise and thanksgiving to the God of all creation.
- Prayer is a time for confessing our sins and receiving forgiveness under the law of the Spirit of grace and truth.
- Prayer is a time of intercession as you petition, or plead another’s case to the Lord on behalf of others.
- Prayer is a gift as the Lord has given all of us the opportunity through the Holy Spirit to speak to Him directly.
Praying the Names of God
As you go throughout your day, think upon the names of God. It is easy to forget God’s divine nature and His sovereignty over the big details of the entire world and the small details of our individual lives. When we meditate on the greatness of His name, it allows us to take our focus off of ourselves and earthly enticements, and lifts up our eyes to the One who can secure peace, contentment, purpose, and joy in every part of our day.
Look below at the non-exhaustive list of the names of God. Pick one to meditate on during the week. Ask the Lord to show you the truth behind the name you have chosen.
- Jehovah God – self-complete being; “I AM WHO I AM”. (Exodus 3:13-15)
- Jehovah-M’Kaddesh – the God who sanctifies. (Leviticus 20:7-8)
- Jehovah-jireh – the God who provides. (Genesis 22:9-14)
- Jehovah-shalom – the God of peace. (Judges 6:16-24)
- Jehovah-rophe – Jehovah heals. (Exodus 15:22-26)
- Jehovah-nissi – God our banner. (Exodus 17:8-15)
The Navigators Prayer Calendar
View the monthly prayer calendar, published by The Navigators
“Prayer is the only entryway into genuine self-knowledge. It is also the main way we experience deep change—the reordering of our loves. Prayer is how God gives us so many of the unimaginable things he has for us. Indeed, prayer makes it safe for God to give us many of the things we most desire. It is the way we know God, the way we finally treat God as God. Prayer is simply the key to everything we need to do and be in life. We must learn to pray. We have to.” – Timothy Keller